Thursday 10 December 2020

Meet The Illustrator: Fruzsina Kuhari

Name: Fruzsina Kuhari

Describe your illustration style in ten words or less.
Warm, whimsical, natural, traditional, detailed.

What items are an essential part of your creative space?
My digital drawing equipment. Colored pencils and pens with clean white papers, I always find this combination inspiring. A window for natural light to come in, and a cup of tea that always gets cold by the time I remember to drink it.

Do you have a favourite artistic medium?
Simple graphite pencils and charcoals on good quality artist’s paper.  

Name three artists whose work inspires you.
Neesha Hudson, Stacy Ebert, Rob Justus 

Which artistic period would you most like to visit and why?
I would stay here and now, or go to the future out of curiosity. I like seeing and browsing the big picture of the world of art built so far. I like art history and all the mystery that lingers around an art piece from the past. We could get answers by visiting these eras, but do we want to kill the magic? 
Who or what inspired you to become an illustrator?
I can’t remember any time in my life when arts and crafts weren’t the main drive of my being. Even when my grandmother read me picture books, I was focused on the art. She told me I can be someone who draws the pictures in the books, and from that point I feel like it was decided. My family took their little girl’s decision seriously and gave her all the support they could. That was and still is inspirational on its own.

Can you share a photo of your creative work space or part of the area where you work most often? Talk us through it.
I have my own room for work. Since I’m taking versatile commissions like graphic design and animation besides illustration, my work area needs to be versatile too. Here, it’s possible for me to work with many tools from traditional mediums to digital techniques.


What is your favourite part of the illustration process?
The middle - when you feel you made the right choices and you are on the right path. It’s exciting, your work is coming along but there’s still enough left to keep you curious and many decisions are left to be made. Like you are halfway through a riddle. This is also the most dangerous and scariest part.


What advice would you give to an aspiring illustrator?
If you are just like me, then you always have an idea on what and how to improve. But do not forget to be satisfied and celebrate your success! Try to find balance. You need both mental states to keep things rolling!


Fruzsina is currently a Montreal-based illustrator, graphic designer, and animator from Budapest, Hungary. She has been in love with art from the first time she held a white crayon. Her most recent works include The Mighty Head of Moustafa and the Wisdom Stories. Apart from her art, she likes spending time on creative crafts such as baking, cooking, sewing, crocheting…

For more information, please visit Fruzsina's website or follow her on instagram

















from Kids' Book Review https://ift.tt/3owhS5c

No comments:

Post a Comment